Stay Safe Program
Our goal is to equip this particular group with the necessary skills to stay safe on their own and within their community. The stay safe! program is designed for youths ages 9 to 14.
We focus on giving youths age-appropriate skills they require, while simultaneously increasing their capacity to improve safety and respond to challenges accordingly.
- Importance of responsibility and respect while being accountable for yourself
- importance of setting and following rules around safety when staying on your own
- How to stay safe at home and within the community
- How to prepare recognize and respond to unexpected situations (i.e inclement weather, strangers, unanticipated visits)
First aid content
- Check, Call, Care (includes phoning EMS/911)
- Recovery position
- Conscious choking (adult/child alone)
- Asthma & Anaphylaxis (includes use of EpiPen)
- Poisoning, insect stings, would care (i.e minor cuts and scrapes, splinters, life threatening, bleeding, burns)
6 Hours - AGES 9-14 (Tax exempt for children under 14)