Instructor candidates whom currently hold a valid Canadian Red Cross First Aid Program Instructor Certification. Providing you with updated Instructor Development tools and resources for your programs.
Step 1 – Pre-Requisites Check:
- A current CRC First Aid Program Instructor Certification
- Taught a minimum of 3 CRC First Aid Programs during the three-year certification period
- Please download/screenshot a list through the MyRC Portal
- One course must have been taught in each Instructor designation seeking recertification (highest level of certification with each program area)
Step 2 – Complete Pre-Course Assignment:
A detailed pre-course assignment will be sent by your Instructor Trainer. This component MUST be completed prior to entering Step 3.
Step 3 – Classroom Component:
The 2021-2023 classroom component is to provide Instructor Development for Instructors to further develop a way to create meaningful first aid learning experiences. The course will focus on learning activities that reflect the Educational Philosophy of the CRC.
- Classroom Component
- 8 Hours (Including Breaks)
- 1 Day (9 am to 5 pm)
Step 4 – Certification!
The final step is certification. Congratulations! You are now officially re-certified as an Instructor.