Photo Credit: Clay Banks
Have you ever felt drained, tired or like stress is weighing down on you, making it hard to focus and keep a positive attitude? It can be difficult to stay in a good mood when life doesn't seem to be going your way or your just having a bad day. Well here are a few tips that might be able to swing the scale the other way, and shift your mood to one of positivity!
- Think of others! One of the best ways to take the focus off how things are not working out the way you want them to, is to do something for others! Whether it be a friend, a family member or even volunteering at a charity and giving back to the community or helping the less fortunate. This is a great way to feel good about doing good for others, you will be surprised how fast you will stop worrying about your own problems and enjoy helping others!
- Happy people! A good way to keep a good attitude is to surround yourself with people who have positive attitudes! Find the people that make you laugh and have an infectious positive energy and attitude towards life and spend time with them!
- Call someone! This goes with positive friends but sometimes you just don’t have time to hangout, wither it be work, family and life taking over. That being said there is always time to pick up the phone and call a friend out of the blue and check in on them for 5-10 minutes. Try this as an exercise and call 3 friends this week out of the blue just to check in, you will be surprised how often people call just when they need something rather than just to say hello!
- Journal positively! What does it mean to journal positively you may ask? Well next time you go to get out your journal, try starting out your entry with 5 things in your life that you are grateful for. Make these lists daily if you can and try and come up with new ones, this will create a positive mindset where you seek out things to feel good about rather than seeking out things you don’t have or that make you feel bad!
- Take care of yourself! In this digital era of smartphones, high speed internet connections and want it now mentality. It is important to take a break from the rat race, everyday if possible even if it’s ten minutes to practice self care. Whether that be a short workout to wake you up, or listening to your favorite music with a cup coffee and a notebook out making plans for the day, make time for yourself it is so very important and will help you be a better person for the other people in your life!
For more first aid tips, mental health first aid, mental health first aid training, first aid courses and more visit us at www.pacificfirstaid.ca