Photo Credit: Edward Howell
Staying on a strict diet is no easy challenge, it is an uphill battle! One of the hardest things to fend off are all the cravings that come along with any food restrictive diet. One of the best ways to avoid giving into these cravings is snacking! Believe it or not snacking healthy will keep you away from going wild with a box of cookies or hitting a drive thru on your way home from work. Here are 5 snacks that could help you get through your day:
1. Eggs! Hardboiled eggs may be the easiest thing to make, they are a great snack to keep on hand. Their high protein content will keep away the cravings and hunger that creeps up on us between meals.
2. Avocado! Trying to get away from jam on white bread toast? Switch over to avocado on a whole grain toast. This is such a delicious and quick to make healthy snack you will want it on the daily! Avocado is full of good fats and is a great alternative to other spreads on toast.
3. Oats! Oatmeal is a staple to a healthy diet. A great breakfast, oatmeal is considered a slow burning carb, meaning it won’t cause spikes in blood sugar levels as some other faster burning carbohydrates. So eat your oats!
4. Make your own trail mix! Although many other trail mixes on the market are in fact not low carb or low in sugar, in fact they are quite the opposite. So stay away from the store bought trail mixes and make your own! Mix: almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, dried apricots and air popped popcorn with no oil or salt. This should leave you with a tasty bag of treats that won’t cause you to go off your diet.
5. Chickpeas! They are not only good for hummus; chickpeas are a great snack or a great ingredient to throw on top of a salad. They have a very high protein content as well as vitamins.
These are just 5 simple tips that could help you live a healthier lifestyle. If you have interest in learning more about first aid training, first aid kits, food safety, mental health first aid and first aid course sign up then visit us at: