The stay safe! program is designed for youths ages 9 to 14. Our goal is to equip this particular group with the necessary skills to stay safe on their own and within their community.
- 6 Hours
- AGES 9-14 (Tax exempt for children under 14)
We focus on giving youths age-appropriate skills they require, while simultaneously increasing their capacity to improve safety and respond to challenges accordingly.
- Importance of responsibility and respect while being accountable for yourself
- importance of setting and following rules around safety when staying on your own
- How to stay safe at home and within the community
- How to prepare recognize and respond to unexpected situations (i.e inclement weather, strangers, unanticipated visits)
First aid content:
- Check, Call, Care (includes phoning EMS/911)
- Recovery position
- Conscious choking (adult/child alone)
- Asthma & Anaphylaxis (includes use of EpiPen)
- Poisoning, insect stings, would care (i.e minor cuts and scrapes, splinters, life threatening, bleeding, burns)