Photo Credit: Sarah Gualtieri
Do you eat healthy? Have you ever heard the term super-food? Well here are some foods that you should try that fall under that super-food list:
- Sweet Potatoes! Don’t be fooled by there name, sweet potatoes are a very healthy food chalked full with vitamins such as A, C, B6 potassium, magnesium and more! There orange coloring also indicates their high contents of antioxidants which studies have suggested to beneficial in helping lower risk of some forms of disease.
- Eat your Broccoli! You may have fed a few pieces of broccoli to the dog under the table as kid, but broccoli is actually very beneficial to eat! Broccoli is high in vitamins like vitamin A, C and K! It also has been suggested to reduce the risk of cancer as well! So be good and eat your broccoli!
- Popeye was right! Eat your spinach as it is one of those dark leafy greens that our body craves. Spinach is so packed full of good vitamins such as vitamin A, C and K and more! There is a reason Popeye ate his spinach and you should to.
- Get ginger! Ginger may have a strong flavor but it is very beneficial for the body as it has healing properties for the stomach and can help reduce inflammation which is very helpful to people with aches and pains or who love an active lifestyle!
- Be an Egghead! Eggs are a cost effective staple of breakfast foods and is an amazing way to start the day with some good protein plus all the other good omega 3 fatty acids that your body craves!
These are just a few foods you can try that may help in your healthy lifestyle! For more first aid tips, health tips, safety tips, first aid tips and first aid courses visit us at: Pacificfirstaid.ca